1. Can't Get Ready For Losing You (3:47)
2. You Ain't Giving Me What I Want (So I'm Taking It All Back) (4:21)
3. Reach Out I'll Be There (3:44)
4. I'm Glad It Rained (4:02)
5. A Fool For You (4:34)
6. It's Your Thing (3:40)
7. Everybody Is A Star (3:02)
8. I Need You (3:26)
9. You're The Only One (2:45)
10. Just A Little Misunderstanding (2:42)
11. Jamie (2:32)
12. Ask The Lonely (3:24)
13. We Can Have Fun (3:21)
14. I Hear A Symphony (2:33)
15. Let's Have A Party (3:11)
16. Love Scenes (2:39)
17. LuLu (2:40)
18. Money Honey (2:54)
19. Coming Home (3:06)Released: 1995
Production : Candace Bond & Amy Herot
Nineteen years after the release of Anthology, Motown finally tops that 33-track, three-LP compilation with this 82-track, four-and-a-half-hour, four-CD/cassette box set.
The Jackson 5 were long overdue for box set treatment, and this one is well done. All the hits by the group as well as those by Michael and Jermaine Jackson are here (that is, from 1969-1975, the J5's tenure at Motown), along with a representative sampling of album cuts.
The J5's albums were afterthoughts to their singles, but some of these songs are nevertheless interesting, whether the group is covering Sly and the Family Stone or Jackson Browne.
An entire disc is given over to previously unreleased or rare tracks from the Motown vaults. Taken together, it may be more than all but the most die-hard fan wants to hear, which may be why Motown rushed out yet another single-disc hits collection, The Ultimate Collection, a couple of months later.
1. Medley:I Want You Back/ABC/The Love You Save (Alternate version) (3:06)
2. That's How Love Is (2:39)
3. Listen I'll Tell You How (3:01)
4. Man's Temptation (5:39)
5. Never Can Say Goodbye (Alternate version) (2:58)
6. Love Comes In Different Flavors (3:16)
7. ABC (Alternate Version) (3:24)
8. Love Call (2:26)
9. Buttercup (3:53)
10. Lucky Day (2:43)
11. I'll Try You'll Try (Maybe We'll All Get By) (4:58)
12. Dancing Machine (Alternate Version) (4:25)Original Release Date: November 10, 2009
I Want You Back! Unreleased Masters, issued Nov. 10, 2009, brings to the public for the first time 12 unreleased recordings that include unique alternate versions of well-known hits as well as near classics and should-have-been-hits by one of the most popular groups of all time.
There are two different studio performances of hits – one, a medley of “I Want You Back/ABC/The Love You Save,” the other an alternate version of “Never Can Say Goodbye” – recorded for TV appearances with Michael’s lead laid down for “safety” (he would sing live on the shows) but never heard until now. Other hit alternates: an extended alternate version of the No. 1 hit “Dancing Machine” and the original vocal version of “ABC.”
We get to hear, too, amazing unreleased tracks written and produced by the J5’s regular producers: The Corporation™ (“I Want You Back,” “ABC,”), with two “new” songs, cute and lively “That’s How Love Is” and “Love Comes In Different Flavors”; and Hal Davis (“I’ll Be There” and many more), represented by the beautiful “Lucky Day,” with one of MJ’s loveliest vocals.
The J5 recorded prolifically throughout their Motown tenure, especially their first year under the tutelage of Bobby Taylor, who first brought them to Motown and produced two-thirds of their debut album. On this collection we’ll hear two soulful, nearly forgotten tracks: “Man’s Temptation,” a ballad written by Curtis Mayfield – originally performed by Gene Chandler and later covered by Isaac Hayes – featuring Jackie, Jermaine and Michael, whose passionate vocals make the track this new album’s “Who’s Loving You”; and the funky “Listen I’ll Tell You How,” a Taylor original.
That’s not all. Willie Hutch, co-writer of “I’ll Be There,” delivered “Love Call,” a fast-paced smash that was somehow overlooked back in ’71. Johnny Bristol, best known for his work with Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell, Jr. Walker and the Supremes, co-wrote and produced “I’ll Try You’ll Try (Maybe We’ll All Get By),” a super funky, socially conscious jam.
I Want You Back! Unreleased Masters also features Stevie Wonder’s “Buttercup,” a highly anticipated collaboration announced in 1974 but never released.
“The Motown vault is a vast treasure trove, and careful research begun in anticipation of the Jackson 5’s 40th anniversary revealed they had recorded dozens of fantastic songs that simply could not have all been released at the time,” says Bruce Resnikoff, President/CEO, Universal Music Enterprises. “We are amazed by the quality, and we know the many Michael Jackson fans all over the world will be too. We’re thrilled to have the opportunity to bring these exciting recordings to the public in such a special package.”
1. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (5:19)
2. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (2:24)
3. The Christmas Song (2:52)
4. Up On The House Top (3:12)
5. Frosty The Snowman (2:40)
6. Little Drummer Boy (3:16)
7. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer (2:33)
8. Christmas Won't Be The Same This Year (2:30)
9. Give Love On Christmas Day (3:02)
10. Someday At Christmas (2:45)
11. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (3:02)
12. Season's Greetings From Michael Jackson
13. Little Christmas Tree (3:38)
14. Season's Greetings From Tito Jackson
15. Up On The House Top (DJ Spinna Re-Edit) (5:00)
16. Season's Greetings From Jackie Jackson
17. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer (Stripped Mix) (3:04)
18. Season's Greetings From Jermaine Jackson
19. Someday At Christmas (Stripped Mix) (2:44)
20. Give Love On Christmas Day (Group A Cappella Version) (3:34)
21. J5 Christmas Medley (3:15)Original Release Date: October 13, 2009
The Jackson 5 Ultimate Christmas Collection features the classic best selling Jackson 5 Christmas album originally released in 1970, plus 6 bonus tracks including a rare Michael Jackson Christmas song, "Little Christmas Tree;" Original spoken-word "Season's Greetings" from Michael and his brothers; A capella and "stripped" mixes of beloved songs from the original album highlighting Michael Jackson; a DJ Spinna re-edit of the funky "Up On The Housetop;" and a fun medley of songs from the original album.
The album's special packaging includes rare photos and other elements exclusive to this new release.
Guests and 0 Members:
Users are browsing...
|Radio Music Database : 18
Guestbook : 2
News section : 2
Discography and Lyrics Michael Jackson, The Jacksons, The Jackson 5 : 1
MjTunes Vision : 2
Registered members: 14649
Michael Jackson's Main Albums
Off The Wall Thriller Bad Dangerous HIStory Blood On The Dance Floor Invincible The Ultimate Collection
Michael Jackson The Jackson 5 The Jacksons MJ & Friends Outtakes Remixes
This service respects the copyrights. All the rights of the authors of the protected works, reproduced and communicated on this site, are reserved. Except express authorization, any use of works other than listening within the framework of the family circle is strictly prohibited.