1. Got To Be There (3:23)
2. Rockin' Robin (2:30)
3. Ain't No Sunshine (4:09)
4. Maria (You Were The Only One) (3:41)
5. I Wanna Be Where You Are (3:00)
6. Girl Don't Take Your Love From Me (3:46)
7. Love Is Here And Now You're Gone (2:51)
8. Ben (2:44)
9. People Make The World Go 'Round (3:15)
10. Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day (3:21)
11. With a Child's Heart (3:24)
12. Everybody's Somebody's Fool (2:59)
13. Greatest Show On Earth (2:48)
14. We've Got A Good Thing Going (2:59)
15. In Our Small Way (3:39)
16. All The Things You Are (2:55)
17. You Can Cry On My Shoulder (2:39)
18. Maybe Tomorrow (4:41)
19. I'll Be There (3:57)
20. Never Can Say Goodbye (2:57)
21. It's Too Late To Change The Time (3:57)
22. Dancing Machine (3:27)
1. When I Come of Age (2:40)
2. Dear Michael (2:41)
3. Music and Me (2:42)
4. You Are There (3:25)
5. One Day In Your Life (4:18)
6. Make Tonight All Mine (Original 1973 Mix) (3:04)
7. Love's Gone Bad (Original 1972 Mix) (3:54)
8. That's What Love Is Made Of (3:25)
9. Who's Looking for a Lover (2:52)
10. Lonely Teardrops (2:42)
11. Cinderella Stay Awhile (3:13)
12. We're Almost There (3:47)
13. Take Me Back (3:30)
14. Just A Little Bit Of You (3:14)
15. Melodie (Original 1973 Mix) (3:08)
16. I´ll Come Home To You (3:05)
17. If'n I Was God (Original 1973 Mix) (4:06)
18. Happy (3:27)
19. Don't Let It Get You Down (Original 1973 Mix) (2:49)
20. Call On Me (Original 1973 Mix) (3:21)
21. To Make My Father Proud (Original 1973 Mix) (4:11)
22. Farewell My Summer Love (4:24)Release Date: USA, March, 1995
This two-CD collection focuses on Michael before he left
All the hits are here, from the chirpy smash "Rockin' Robin"
to the yearning "Got to Be There", a handful of J5 tracks
and the restoration of the original mixes of several songs recorded in the early 1970s, but not released until the 1980s.
Four songs - Call On Me, Don't Let It Get You Down, Melodie
and To Make My Father Proud come minus the overdubbs added to 1984's Farewell My Summer Love release, while another three songs feature slightly different alternate vocals : If I'N Was God, Love's Gone Bad and Make Tonight All Mine .
If I'N Was God, here, is also a full minute longer than the version issued in 1986 on Lookin' Back To Yesterday.
1. Blood on the Dance Floor (4:13)
2. Morphine (6:28)
3. Superfly Sister (6:27)
4. Ghosts (5:08)
5. Is It Scary (5:35)
6. Scream Louder (Flyte Tyme Remix) (5:30)
7. Money (Fire Island Radio Edit) (4:23)
8. 2 Bad (Refugee Camp Mix) (3:32)
9. Stranger in Moscow (Tee's In-House Club Mix) (6:54)
10. This Time Around (D.M. Radio Mix) (4:05)
11. Earth Song (Hani's Club Experience) (7:55)
12. You Are Not Alone (Classic Club Mix) (7:37)
13. History (Tony Moran's History Lesson) (8:01)Released: 21 April 1997
Executive producer: Michael Jackson
Blood on the Dance Floor: HIStory in the Mix was released in 1997. The tracks on the album included eight remixes of songs from Jackson's previous album HIStory - Past, Present and Future, Book I, and five original songs ("Blood on the Dance Floor", "Morphine", "Superfly Sister", "Ghosts" and "Is It Scary").
Developed from an idea to release several songs that did not make the previous albums as a gift to the fans on one single only but Sony Music instead praised them plus 8 remixes as a new album.
On April 2, 1997, the debut single from the album, "Blood on the Dance Floor", was released in Europe. The single peaked at #1 on the UK Singles Chart.
The second single from the album was "HIStory/Ghosts", which included the official Tony Moran remix of "HIStory" as a double A-side track.
On May 8, 1997, in collaboration with director Stephen King, Michael made a 40-minute short film titled Ghosts, which premiered at the 50th Annual Cannes Film Festival. It was positively received by critics who attended the premiere screening and helped propel the single to #5 in the UK.
"Is It Scary" was planned as a third single but was never officially released. The song was intended to be the theme song for "Addams Family Values" , but this didn't happen in the end. It was also featured in the Ghosts short film.
On May 14, 1997, the album was released worldwide, and was certified platinum by the RIAA in October 2000. The album has sold an estimated 6 million copies worldwide. It is listed as the biggest-selling remix album ever.
"Blood on the Dance Floor" (April 1997) - #1 UK, #42 U.S., #5 Australia
"HIStory/Ghosts" (July 1997) - #5 UK, #43 Australia
"Is It Scary" (1997, promo) - Did not chart, as it was released as a promo single only.
1. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (3:56)
2. Rock With You (3:40)
3. Billie Jean (4:53)
4. Beat It (4:18)
5. Thriller (5:12)
6. Human Nature (4:05)
7. I Just Can't Stop Loving You (4:11)
8. Bad (4:06)
9. The Way You Make Me Feel (4:57)
10. Dirty Diana (4:41)
11. Smooth Criminal (4:17)
12. Black or White (3:19)
13. You Are Not Alone (4:34)
14. Earth Song (5:01)
15. Blood On The Dance Floor (4:13)
16. You Rock My World (4:26)
17. Break of Dawn (5:29)
18. One More Chance (3:49)Released : November 2003
Production : Michael Jackson / John Mc Lain
One More Chance / Paul Oakenfold remix or Ben (live Edit)
Sunset Driver (Demo) (4:03)
P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing Demo) (3:46)
Someone In The Dark (4:54)
Scared of The Moon (Demo) (4:41)
We Are the World (Demo) (5:20)
We Are Here To Change The World (2:53)
Cheater (Demo) (5:09)
Dangerous (Early Demo) (6:40)
Monkey Business (5:45)
Someone Put Your Hand Out (5:26)
On The Line (4:28)
Fall Again (Demo) (4:22)
In The Back (4:31)
Beautiful Girl (Demo) (4:03)
The Way You Love Me (4:30)
We've Had Enough (5:45)Release : 16 November 2004
Three and a half decades after an 11-year old phenomenon from Gary, Indiana and his teenage brothers forever changed the face of popular music, MICHAEL JACKSON - THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION marks the most extensive presentation of his artistry ever assembled in one package.
The deluxe 5-disc box set includes 4 audio CDs (totaling 57 tracks) of hit singles, album tracks, 13 previously unissued recordings, and impossible-to-find rarities from the U.S. and U.K. archives spanning 1969 to 2004, plus a completely unreleased 1992 live concert DVD. The 5th disc listed below is the DVD. The set, executive produced by Jackson, also includes a 64-page color booklet with details on each track, rare photographs, personal memorabilia from Jackson's archives, a timeline of his life and an essay by journalist Nelson George.
Much of the music is drawn from the height of Jackson's career, particularly from the main five albums: Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous and HIStory. Notable tracks on the compilation include the first release of the demos of songs such as "PYT" and "Shake Your Body Down to the Ground", and rarities such as "We Are Here To Change The World" (from the film Captain EO), "Cheater" and "Monkey Business" (from the Bad and Dangerous sessions), and the original demo of "We Are the World", featuring Jackson as a soloist. The set also included four new songs, "In the Back", "Beautiful Girl", "The Way You Love Me", and "We've Had Enough", all written by Jackson.
The Jackson 5 ("ABC") and the Jacksons, as well as collaborations with artists including Diana Ross ("Ease on Down the Road" from "The Wiz") and "The Girl Is Mine" (with Paul McCartney), and tracks from movie soundtracks, including "Childhood" from "Free Willy 2," pepper the four discs.
The DVD disc features Jackson's October 1992 concert at Bucharest's National Stadium during his Dangerous tour. The show includes "Thriller," "Beat It," "Man in the Mirror," "Billie Jean," "Heal the World" and "Will You Be There" in its 16-song set list.
1. I Want You Back (2:59)
2. ABC (2:57)
3. I'll Be There (3:57)
4. Got to Be There (3:27)
5. I Wanna Be Where You Are (2:57)
6. Ben (2:44)
7. Dancing Machine (Single Version) (2:42)
8. Enjoy Yourself (3:40)
9. Ease on Down the Road (3:19)
10. You Can't Win (From "The Wiz") (7:17)
11. Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) (Early Demo) (2:08)
12. Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) (Single Edit) (3:45)
13. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (6:04)
14. Rock With You (3:40)
15. Off The Wall (4:05)
16. She's Out Of My Life (3:37)
17. Sunset Driver (Demo) (4:03)
18. Lovely One (4:50)
19. This Place Hotel (5:44)
1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (6:03)
2. The Girl Is Mine (3:42)
3. Thriller (5:58)
4. Beat It (4:18)
5. Billie Jean (4:53)
6. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing Demo) (3:46)
7. Someone In The Dark (4:54)
8. State Of Shock (4:30)
9. Scared of The Moon (Demo) (4:41)
10. We Are the World (Demo) (5:20)
11. We Are Here To Change The World (2:53)
1. Bad (4:07)
2. The Way You Make Me Feel (4:58)
3. Man In The Mirror (5:19)
4. I Just Can't Stop Loving You (4:13)
5. Dirty Diana (4:41)
6. Smooth Criminal (4:17)
7. Cheater (Demo) (5:09)
8. Dangerous (Early Demo) (6:40)
9. Monkey Business (5:45)
10. Jam (5:39)
11. Remember The Time (4:00)
12. Black Or White (4:16)
13. Who Is It (IHS Mix) (7:57)
14. Someone Put Your Hand Out (5:26)
1. You Are Not Alone (6:01)
2. Stranger In Moscow (5:45)
3. Childhood (4:28)
4. On The Line (4:28)
5. Blood On The Dance Floor (4:12)
6. Fall Again (Demo) (4:22)
7. In The Back (4:31)
8. Unbreakable (6:26)
9. You Rock My World (5:08)
10. Butterflies (4:39)
11. Beautiful Girl (Demo) (4:03)
12. The Way You Love Me (4:30)
13. We've Had Enough (5:45)
Original Release Date: February 12, 2008
Epic/Legacy Recordings proudly celebrates the 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson's Thriller with a newly expanded deluxe edition of the phenomenal record-breaking pop culture touchstone.
The Thriller - 25th Anniversary Edition include the original album in its entirety as well as seven bonus tracks and a DVD featuring Michael Jackson's groundbreaking short films from Thriller ("Thriller," "Beat It," and "Billie Jean") and the artist's Emmy-nominated breakout performance of "Billie Jean" from the legendary "Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever" television special (first broadcast on NBC on May 16, 1983).
The newly expanded version of Thriller premieres six tracks previously unreleased in any form: "Beat It 2008" with Fergie; a new Kanye West remix of "Billie Jean"; a new 2008 version of "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" with Akon; will.i.am remixes of "The Girl Is Mine" and "P.Y.T."; and "For All Time," a rare unreleased cut from the original Thriller recording sessions, newly mixed and mastered by Michael Jackson.
The deluxe Thriller - 25th Anniversary Edition packaging contains a personal greeting from Michael Jackson to his fans penned exclusively for this special release.
THRILLER - 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION TRACK LIST:
1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (6:02)
2. Baby Be Mine (4:20)
3. The Girl Is Mine (with Paul McCartney) (3:42)
4. Thriller (5:57)
5. Beat It (4:17)
6. Billie Jean (4:57)
7. Human Nature (4:05)
8. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) (3:58)
9. The Lady In My Life (4:57)
10. Vincent Price Excerpt (From "Thriller" Voice-Over Session)
Previously Unreleased Tracks for 25th Anniversary Edition
11. The Girl Is Mine 2008 (Feat. Will.I.Am)
12. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) 2008 (Feat. will.I.Am)
13. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008 (Feat. Akon)
14. Beat It 2008 (Feat. Fergie)
15. Billie Jean 2008 (Feat.Kanye West)
16. For All Time
17. Got The Hots (Demo Version) (Japan Edition Only)
Videos Bonus DVD
2. Beat It
3. Billie Jean
4. Billie Jean performance from Motown 25: Yesterday, Today and Forever
25th Anniversary Executive Producer: Michael Jackson
Original Album Produced by Quincy Jones
BUY NOW !!
- The Girl Is Mine 2008 (Digital Download)
- The Girl Is Mine 2008 (CD Single)
- Thriller 25th Anniversary Editions
- Thriller 25th Japan Edition (Bonus song "Got the Hots")
1. I'll Be There (The Stripped Mixes) (3:55)
2. Ben (The Stripped Mixes) (2:42)
3. Who's Lovin' You (The Stripped Mixes) (4:24)
4. Ain't No Sunshine (The Stripped Mixes) (4:08)
5. I Want You Back (The Stripped Mixes) (3:48)
6. ABC (The Stripped Mixes) (3:11)
7. We've Got A Good Thing Going (The Stripped Mixes) (3:15)
8. With A Child's Heart (The Stripped Mixes) (4:07)
9. Darling Dear (The Stripped Mixes) (2:33)
10. Got To Be There (The Stripped Mixes) (3:15)
11. Never Can Say Goodbye (The Stripped Mixes) (3:11)Original Release Date: July 7, 2009
Less than an hour after the memorial service for Michael Jackson at the Staples Center, Universal Music Group announced The Stripped Mixes, a collection of Michael's and J5 classic songs.
The Stripped Mixes was to feature "stripped" mixes of Michael Jackson's classic Motown-era songs. The album was released in stores on July 28, 2009.
The Stripped Mixes is an album of new mixes of early Michael Jackson and Jackson 5 classics. Utilizing the original Motown session tapes, these new mixes strip away certain instruments and studio frills to instead focus on the essence of the spectacular recordings--Michael's vocals and the harmonies provided by his brothers.
The recordings on Michael Jackson: The Stripped Mixes shine a fresh light on Michael Jackson’s early career and are proof that his music will live forever.
Original Release Date: July 21, 2009
"Michael Jackson could make you forget he was so young." So writes Suzee Ikeda, a Motown artist and A&R assistant who was a creative confidante of a teenaged Michael, in her introductory essay to "Hello World: The Motown Solo Collection", a new 3-CD set that features every MJ recording released from 1971 to 1975, plus the Motown-era songs that were released after he left the company.
At the height of the Jackson 5 mania in 1970-71, a solo career for young Michael was not a given. But when Donny Osmond went solo while staying in the Osmonds family group, Michael went solo as well, and was given material that made him sound more mature.
"Got To Be There," his first solo hit, featured a stunning, declamatory phrase that provided the name of this collection. The LP "Got To Be There", released in January 1972, was followed by "Ben", after the No. 1 hit title song from a film about a pet rat.
"Ben" was first issued with a cover featuring lurid artwork from the film, which was quickly replaced by a simpler image of MJ; the "Hello World" package reproduces both covers in the 48-page booklet.
"Music And Me" was next, featuring a few Adult Contemporary covers, followed by Forever, Michael, which had a harder dance age; it included the now-classic hits "We're Almost There" and "Just A Little Bit Of You." Although MJ and the J5 left Motown in 1975 to go to Epic Records,that wasn't the end of the story.
"One Day In Your Life," released in the aftermath of MJ's solo "Off The Wall", turned into a No. 1 hit in the U.K. and top 40 AC in the U.S.
Following the crazy ride of "Thriller", Motown released "Farewell My Summer Love", a batch of songs from the vault with contemporary overdubs; the title song went top 10 R&B.
There's more: in 1986 Motown issued "Looking Back To Yesterday", a collection of more vault masters--some with the J5--that contained further unexpected gems.
Hello World has all of that and these extra gems: all nine songs from "Farewell My Summer Love" are included in their original,undubbed mixes. Plus, unearthed the original mix of "Twenty-Five Miles"--Michael's cover of the Edwin Starr hit that has previously been available only in a 1987 vault collection.
It's all in a splendid, hard-backed 8"x 5.5" package with an introductory essay by Motown's Suzee Ikeda, a main essay by Mark Anthony Neal, pages of annotations, rare photos and repros of the LP jackets.
It's deserving of the one of the greatest performers the world has ever known, at any age.
Got To Be There
1. Ain't No Sunshine (4:13)
2. I Wanna Be Where You Are (3:02)
3. Girl Don't Take Your Love From Me (3:51)
4. In Our Small Way (3:45)
5. Got To Be There (3:24)
6. Rockin' Robin (2:34)
7. Wings Of My Love (3:25)
8. Maria - You Were The Only One (3:42)
9. Love Is Here And Now You're Gone (2:54)
10. You've Got A Friend (4:59)
11. Ben (2:47)
12. Greatest Show On Earth (2:49)
13. People Make The World Go 'Round (3:20)
14. We've Got A Good Thing Going (3:05)
15. Everybody's Somebody's Fool (3:01)
16. My Girl (3:13)
17. What Goes Around Comes Around (3:31)
18. In Our Small Way (3:45)
19. Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day (3:21)
20. You Can Cry On My Shoulder (2:39)
21. Don't Let It Get You Down (Original Mix) (2:49)
22. You've Really Got A Hold On Me (Original Mix) (3:23)
23. Melodie (Original Mix) (3:08)
24. Touch The One You Love (Original Mix) (2:50)
Music And Me
1. With A Child's Heart (3:34)
2. Up Again (2:51)
3. All The Things You Are (2:59)
4. Happy (3:27)
5. Too Young (3:39)
6. Doggin' Around (2:54)
7. Euphoria (3:36)
8. Morning Glow (2:49)
9. Johnny Raven (3:38)
10. Music And Me (2:42)
11. We're Almost There (3:47)
12. Take Me Back (3:30)
13. One Day In Your Life (4:18)
14. Cinderella Stay Awhile (3:13)
15. We've Got Forever (3:12)
16. Just A Little Bit Of You (3:14)
17. You Are There (3:25)
18. Dapper Dan (3:12)
19. Dear Michael (2:41)
20. I'll Come Home To You (3:04)
21. Girl You're So Together (Original Mix) (2:59)
22. Farewell My Summer Love (Original Mix) (3:37)
23. Call On Me (Original Mix) (3:21)
Looking Back To Yesterday
1. When I Come Of Age (2:40)
2. Teenage Symphony (2:47)
3. I Hear A Symphony (3:04)
4. Give Me Half A Chance (3:25)
5. Love's Gone Bad (3:11)
6. Lonely Teardrops (2:42)
7. That's What Love Is Made Of (3:25)
8. I Like You The Way You Are (2:58)
9. You're Good For Me (3:17)
10. Who's Looking For A Lover (2:52)
11. I Was Made To Love Her (3:20)
12. If'n I Was God (3:05)
13. To Make My Father Proud (Original Mix) (4:11)
14. Here I Am (Come And Take Me) (Original Mix) (2:44)
15. Twenty Five Miles (Original Mix) (3:17)
Farewell My Summer Love
16. Don't Let It Get You Down (3:02)
17. You've Really Got A Hold On Me (3:30)
18. Melodie (3:23)
19. Touch The One You Love (2:47)
20. Girl You're So Together (3:11)
21. Farewell My Summer Love (4:24)
22. Call On Me (3:39)
23. Here I Am (Come And Take Me) (2:56)
24. To Make My Father Proud (4:04)
Previously Unreleased Tracks
15. This Is It (3:36)
16. This Is It (Orchestra Version) (4:55)
1. She's Out Of My Life (Demo) (3:19)
2. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (Demo) (5:43)
3. Beat It (Demo) (2:03)
4. Planet Earth (Poem) (3:15)Original Release Date: October 26, 2009
An important thing to remember when considering the soundtrack to This Is It: this entire film and CD project was never supposed to happen.
This Is It was designed as a comeback tour, not a movie, with the rehearsals taped not for exhibition, but rather instruction, possibly some video bonus down the line. Of course, Michael Jackson's tragic passing created considerable demand for those final rehearsals (no need to get into the financial need, as well), so they were packaged as the This Is It film, released almost five months after his death, with a soundtrack as an accompaniment.
Since there were no real live recordings made, at least not any to fill a big-budget blockbuster like this, the soundtrack consists of almost nothing but the hits repackaged one more time, with the title track — an '80s leftover, co-written by Paul Anka and released under the name "I Never Heard" by Safire — added as an enticement in two separate versions, the second being orchestral with an opening straight out of Sgt. Pepper's. "This Is It" is featured in the film's closing sequence and includes backing vocals by Michael's brothers, the Jacksons.
There's a second disc containing demos of "She's Out of My Life" (just Michael and an acoustic) "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" (full demo, with identical rhythm and guitar lines, close to the final version but lacking its horns and more tribals feelings), and "Beat It" (a true writer's sketch, all vocals and harmonies, no lyrics or instruments, kind of awesome) plus a "poem" of "Planet Earth."
Guests and 0 Members:
Users are browsing...
|Radio Music Database : 11
Guestbook : 2
Discography and Lyrics Michael Jackson, The Jacksons, The Jackson 5 : 1
MjTunes Vision : 3
Registered members: 14649
Michael Jackson's Main Albums
Off The Wall Thriller Bad Dangerous HIStory Blood On The Dance Floor Invincible The Ultimate Collection
Michael Jackson The Jackson 5 The Jacksons MJ & Friends Outtakes Remixes
This service respects the copyrights. All the rights of the authors of the protected works, reproduced and communicated on this site, are reserved. Except express authorization, any use of works other than listening within the framework of the family circle is strictly prohibited.